Counting Drawers


I bought this little set of drawers at IKEA over 10 years ago. I had never painted it or decorated it. It has held various items over the years. If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen this picture with a sneak peek at the drawers. 



Being a smaller item, it was the perfect candidate for adding some of my accent color. I slid the drawers out and put two coats of white on the frame. I painted the fronts of the drawers with Glidden Vibrant Day Lily in satin. 


 
I felt like it still needed something. I pulled out my silver leafing supplies and stenciled on some numbers. I'm loving how it turned out. And best of all, now when I send the kids down to grab something I can reference exactly which drawer it is in. Double bonus!


And one more shot of my newly made over desk. My poor tulips have seen better days but they were such a pretty color I couldn't quite give them up yet.
 

Comments