Bed Building

Wow! It's been a long time since I posted anything that wasn't wedding photos. Here are some of the projects that I've been working on in between photo-editing.
 
Our bed has been in need of a major upgrade. It's been just the mattresses on the frame forever! I found this platform bed here and followed the links over to this site for the plans. There are links to the headboard too. I'm really excited with the finished project. I'm much more inspired to finish decorating our room. So many ideas!
 
Prior to this project, I prided myself on how handy I was with tools. Really, I thought I was at least a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. I've reassessed and now consider myself a 2. Thank goodness for a husband who was willing to help.
 
I headed off to Lowe's to pick up the necessary supplies. Yes, I drive a mommy car but everything fits in it.
Ken helped me cut all the wood down to the proper sizes. Yes, I could have done it myself but he did offer and I really don't like the loud noise or the risk to my uncoordinated fingers.
Next I applied Walnut stain to all the pieces.
And ta da! Here's the final product.

Comments

  1. How did you get the spotted trim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought unfinished trim that had a basket weave pattern on it. I just stained it with the same stain as the rest of the wood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment