Here You Enter Painting



Decorating the master bedroom has been my focus this summer. It has been going together very slowly. The wall color went on a couple of years ago. Then we made the bed last summer. Next up was the bedside shelf. Then a jewelry holder this spring. The floors, bedding and new curtains and finally the bedside table were finished a few weeks ago.

Next on my to-do list was some sort of painting to go over the bed. Ken is a huge Disney fan (read obsessively fanatic). I have been trying to incorporate some of his Disney collection into our room and attempting to do so tastefully. The compromise being, it keeps it out of the rest of the house. 

I started a large painting of the pier at California Adventure. It was very detailed and I wasn't feeling very inspired by it. I was having a hard time keeping my motivation up to complete it. I set it aside to be completed later and decided to use one of his favorite Disney quotes instead using my own painting style.

 
If you have been to Disneyland before you will recognize the quote from when you enter the park. It's not quite bedtime-ish but was fun to paint and incorporates colors used in the room. I may make something different in the future but this is a nice addition to the blank wall. 

I have one more blank wall to un-blank and a curio cabinet to paint and my bedroom to-do list will be completed. At least until I add something new to the list. 

Comments