Dressing the Window

 

 
My lovely neighbor gave me two window frames. She found them at Goodwill. They have been sitting in my office (which is looking like something out of Hoarders again).
 
I knew exactly what I wanted to do with one of them but couldn't find my screen material. Finally broke down and bought a roll. Using my handy dandy staple gun I attached the screen material to the back of the screen making sure it was stretched tightly.
 
I had 10 little hooks left from assembly of another furniture piece, although I don't remember what it was anymore. They were in my "leftover pieces" drawer. What? You don't have one of those?
 
For my earrings that had posts or were hoops, I attached two square pieces of screen on top. I then pinned my earrings and pins to these squares.
 
I'm really happy with how it came out. All my jewelry had been in my closed in a pile on top of my drawers. Once I cleaned my closet it was all thrown in a bag. What was a tangled mess is now neat and organized. And it looks pretty too. I hung it up right next to my bed because that's really the only place I had wall space.
 
P.S. I couldn't find a picture hanger anywhere in my house and I refused to go to the hardware store again. I remembered seeing a pin on Pinterest about using a pop can tab as a picture hanger. Fortunately, Anique collects pop tabs, so she gave me one and I screwed it in and it worked perfectly!
 

Comments