T.A.R.D.I.S.


Anique has been asking for a "lab" for quite a while. She starts off with a general inquiry and proceeds to drawings of what she wants, when that's not successful then models appear. She's definitely determined. If you've followed this blog for awhile you might remember there was a full-scale presentation board when she wanted a hamster.


Bailey uses the partially/unfinished bedroom downstairs as his computer/tv/study room. Anique wanted some sort of space that was just hers too.


Yes, I realize this is somewhat crazy because they both have their own bedrooms as well. Bailey really only uses his to sleep in anymore. Anique still spends quite a bit of time in her room reading or doing crafts.


As a surprise for Christmas we cleared out the storage closet beneath the stairs and created her a little getaway space. She is a crazy Dr. Who fan. Her favorite is the 10th doctor. I don't follow the show so it took some Google searches to get images to follow.


For those of you reading who are Dr. Who fans, I realize this is not an exact replica. It's not even close, consider it an impression of the T.A.R.D.I.S.. She was overwhelmingly happy with it. Tearfully happy.


Here's the photos from beginning to end and some detail shots.


Now, I just need to find a new spot to neatly store everything that was stored in the closet before I emptied it.






Comments