Glitzy Bathroom Reveal

 
If you follow my Instagram feed at all you've seen a few photos of the finished bathroom already. 
Here's a more in depth look at where it started and how it all came together. 
 
I couldn't track down a good before photo and forgot to take one. You can see the bright green walls though. The bathrooms in our house are pretty small. It is the one the kids use and also the one guests use. It was bright green and had white accents with bright elephants to decorate.
 
The kids are older now and we've been working on make our home decorating style a bit more contemporary so the bathroom was next up as we work our way down the hall.
 
First up, was new floors. Honestly, there was nothing wrong with the linoleum that was in there. I just like the look of tile and feel like the cool gray tile would complement the look I was going for. I chose 24" x 6" tiles for this room in an attempt to make a boxy room look less boxy. Did it work?
 
 
White grout was used mostly because it's what I had on hand. And I liked the clean brightness. I did use a grout sealer because I'm a little worried about staining and the wet floors.
 
 
Next up was the walls, I knew I wanted to paint them black but I wanted to add something extra. Lowe's carries these fabulous things called Paint Crystals by Valspar. You can choose how many packs to use depending on how sparkly you want your paint to be. I put 3 packs in. It's like a fine glitter for paint.
 
You can't really tell in the photo but the walls have a definite glimmer of glitter all through them. They walls are definitely black but the glitter reflects light back so they're not oppressive.
 
I also chose to paint our woodwork white. I'm usually not a big fan of painting cabinets but I wanted to brighten the space. I love the white but I do regret not priming the cabinets first. If you choose to paint your cabinets find yourself a good tutorial and follow it. I am not that tutorial.
 

 
Yes that is the toilet in the tub. It lived there during the makeover.
 
The final step was to replace the light fixture. Our previous one came with the house and was rusting. A new shower curtain and artwork brought it all together.
What do you think? Would you paint a small space black?
 
 

Comments