Capsule Wardrobe

FALL 2015 CAPSULE WARDROBE

Way back at the end of July I was searching for some fashion inspiration. I wanted to update my wardrobe but wasn't sure exactly what I wanted. I stumbled upon the idea of Capsule Wardrobes. I spent time reading through un-fancy.com. I read through her recommendations and I planned.

I purged my closet. I mean, I REALLY purged. Two huge big lawn bags full of clothes were donated. Stuff I hadn't worn in years, stuff that hadn't fit in years. Stuff that had broken zippers, that didn't fit and if it ever did I would like to have a zipper that worked. Lots and lots of stuff.

Next I boxed up clothes that were more suitable for Fall and Winter.

I looked at what remained and determined what holes needed to be filled. I gathered up my birthday money and I went shopping. I started on August 2nd and I documented what I wore everyday. But then I fell off the end of the blogging world.

It was a success though and I loved having those go to pieces. Everything in my closet fit. Everything could mix and match. It was great.

So, it's October 1st and it's time to switch out the wardrobe. Here's what I have lined up for the coming season. I'm still working on picking the perfect items for each season but I think this will cover work and home needs. I've tried to include lots of layering pieces. Some are from this new and some a year or two or more old but I've tried to list sources.

There are a few items not pictured (because I'm behind on my laundry) including:
skinny dark denim jeans, medium wash regular fit denim jeans, black Inc. jeggings.

Also, I didn't snap photos of my shoes but I have black ballet flats, burgundy ballet flats, grey knee boots, camel knee high boots, black booties and of course tennis shoes for my weekend errands.

What would you include? Exclude?

Mudd (Kohl's)

Mossimo (Target)


Target

AB Studio (Kohl's)

Jennifer Lopez (Kohl's)

Mudd (Kohl's)

Apt 9 (Kohl's)

Delirious (Ross)

INC International Concepts (Macy's)

Mossimo (Target)

Apt 9 (Kohl's)

INC International Concepts (Macy's)

Rock & Republic (Kohl's)

INC International Concepts (Macy's)

Olivia Moon (Nordstrom's)

Style & Co (Macy's)

Mossimo (Target)

INC International Concepts (Macy's)

So (Kohl's)

So (Kohl's)

INC Internantional Concepts (Macy's)

Joe Benbasset (Kohl's)

Comments