Summer School - Make It In Design


I decided to try to take part in the Summer School class that is put on by Make It In Design and Lila Rogers. It's been a very, very long time since I spent any quality time with Illustrator. I'm a bit rusty but it was nice to play around and create something from scratch.

For the first assignment, we had to create something around the theme Bright Retro Soft Pop. We were given a recommended color palette and key words and then had free reign. 

Above is what I submitted for my first design. I would envision it as a fabric pattern, perhaps on a short, swingy summer dress or jumper? 

Our seconds project is up and I've been searching and collecting inspiration. 

I'll be taking a brief break from blogging for the rest of the week as we have a few days of family time planned. I should be back next week with lots of pictures to share. 

Here's a sneak peek at the bathroom update that is currently in progress as well. More to come on that. So many ideas ready to be put in place, just ran short on time this weekend. 




Comments