One Bloggers Humble Opinion of Blue Apron


When it comes to domestic skills I am seriously lacking. Actually, it's not so much a lack of skill so much as a lack of desire. I can cook and reasonably well. Don't let the frequency of the smoke detector tell you otherwise. Really, I think it's a flaw in where it's placed. Really.

Ever since switching to a regular 9 am-5 pm work shift I've never found a good time for grocery shopping. Previously, I could shop during the day when it was a little quieter or much later if I was working a late shift. I could avoid lines, crowds. It wasn't so bad.

I then switched over to using Safeway.com and would definitely recommend it but I'm a terrible meal planner.

We joined Blue Apron a two weeks ago. Blue Apron is a fabulous service where they do the meal planning and send you the ingredients. We are signed up for the family meals. We receive 2 meals twice a week.

Everything comes pre-measured out and cleanly packaged. I just unpack it into the fridge and recycle the packaging.

Each meal comes with a recipe and clear, easy instructions with photographs. You just prep the supplied ingredients and cook away. So far, each of our 4 recipes has taken an hour or less to prep and cook.

Brown Butter & Butternut Squash Gnocchi
with Red Leaf Lettuce, Ricotta Salata & Walnut Salad
We are trying food that we would have never eaten or thought to try. The kids have liked each of the meals so far. The best part is that we are sitting down to dinner and eating together for these 4 nights a week. The kids help with the prep work and it's becoming a family activity.

The portions are substantial and we have even had an extra guest on two of the nights and there was plenty. We had been eating out or picking up fast food or deli food most of the nights a week so I feel like the cost for this service is reasonable (less than before) and we are eating real food with fresh ingredients. There's no contract and they give you plenty of notice on what meals are coming up next. You can skip a delivery anytime without penalty as long as you submit the request 6 days before.

I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something to change up your meal plan. I have four more free deliveries to give away (US only). If you're interested in trying it out for free,  send me a message and I'll send you the invite. This is not a sales gimmick. I don't make commission, I just have been pleased with the service so far and thought I'd share my opinion.

Lamb & Beef Tagine
with Swiss Chard, Date Molasses & Whole Wheat Couscous

Comments