Getting Back in the Groove



The past few weeks I have been in a creative slump. I am someone who always had a project in mind, something that needs to be painted, or a photo technique I want to try. 

But the past couple of weeks...nada. Yes, I have projects to do but I was locked in indecision. I have a notebook where I jot down ideas. I added nothing to it. I have blog posts that are half written but I just couldn't summon the enthusiasm to finish them out. 

Why? I have no idea. But this Sunday Ken gave me a few uninterrupted hours with an empty house for "creative time."  

Okay, yes I took a 30 minute nap first. Then I decided I should do something mostly because it was expected. I reviewed a few photos and decided that was just killing time. 

So I broke out my paints and took down the little 6 inch canvases in the downstairs bath that were in need of a makeover. 

Once, I started painting I couldn't stop until I finished them. It was fun! I felt energized. Am I completely out of my slump? I'm not sure but I'm definitely working my way out. I have a few more canvases that I want to work on. Fingers crossed I have my groove back and will keep growing. 


Comments