Mail Center

 


I have been working hard to transform what was the playroom into my new and larger office/studio space. (Full reveal to come in a later post.)

I really wanted to install some cabinetry but sadly my budget ended up going to soccer and braces. My space may not be as fancy as I hoped, but Bailey's smile will be cuter than ever.

In the meantime, I am using and re-purposing items I already had around the house. 

They were all random colors and different wood (some faux) wood tones. The walls in the space are a bright turquoise. I decided to unify the room with a black and white color scheme. I'm using orange as an accent color. That would be a complimentary scheme for those following along at home (see my design degree just paid off there).  

This dry sink was passed on to me by mom. When I first received it, I painted it in a bad plaid and removed the top shelf. Inserted a changing pad and it became a changing table for Anique's nursery. 

Time passed, my baby started growing up and it was relegated to the playroom to serve time collecting odds and ends and storing extra blankets. 

I decided it would be a good piece to become my new mail center. The top can neatly hold my envelopes, packing tape, scale, etc. 

Isn't it cute. I love how it stands out from the wall and compliments the other black pieces in the room.
 
 
I'll walk through the steps I took to refinish it in my next post.

 

Comments