What's Underfoot


 
Have you ever had a project that you really wanted to get done? You bought all the materials and then proceeded to set it aside because it all seems overwhelming? One that you think you'll do when the time is right...? Or maybe that's just what I do.
 
We bought out house in 2001. It was new construction and we were young and on a tight budget. The entire downstairs was unfinished but we were so excited to be able to pick out colors for carpet, tile and counters. Only it turned out that unless you could afford to upgrade, the color choices were white, off-white or beige.
 
Over the years we've upgraded as we could afford it. The carpet in the bedrooms has been put off over and over again. This summer I painted the floor in the master bedroom.  
 
We've been wanting to update the carpet in the kids room forever. However, as usual we had a limited budget. I found these amazing carpet tiles at Home Depot. They are by Simply Seamless. I went with Charcoal to complement the gray and black in Bailey's room and the black in Anique's. However, they come in several other colors as well. I ordered them back in December and then put it off and then put it off some more.
 
Finally, this weekend, Bailey and I began moving furniture out of his room and pulling carpet at 10:30 am. We pulled staples, swept and vacuumed and then started putting down the tiles. By 2:30 pm, the carpet was in and his furniture back in place. This was one of the quickest and easiest home improvement projects I have completed in a long time.
 
The carpet feels great underfoot and it truly does look seamless. It has really pulled his room together. Now I wish I hadn't put it off so long. Of course, I still have Anique's room to do...I better get moving.
 
 
My awesome helper and the muscle for the job.
The first tile is down. 
 All done!

Comments