Apple pie in a Jar




For our family, we traditionally celebrate at my grandmas house. This year I offered to bring an apple dessert. Originally, I thought about making baked apples. I know I saw a recipe for them somewhere recently. 

Ultimately, after determing my peeler was not going to cooperate I decided to create an apple pie in a jar. Why a jar? Because I didn't have enough ramekins of course.  

Ingredients: 

Oil spray 
5 apples (peeled, cored, cut into medium pieces)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp brandy
Puff pastry
10 mason jars

Directions:

•Put apple pieces in a medium sized bowl. Coat very lightly with oil. (I used this pampered chef sprayer. )
•Mix in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until all pieces are coated. 
Drizzle brandy in and stir again to coat. 
•Distribute apples evenly among jars.
•Use small pieces of puff pastry to cover the tops of the apples. 
•Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 min. 



Notes: This recipe only filled the jar halfway. We then topped it with a scoop of ice cream. I had planned on topping that with a light caramel drizzle. Due to an unplanned visit to the urgent care clinic, it didn't all come together just right. 

If you preferred more pie you could double it. 

My grandma, baker extraordinaire, actually wants the recipe! Kinda embarrassed that it's so easy! 

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving (if you are in the US). Everywhere else, a great weekend! 


Comments