Daring Adventures

Fall is definitely in full swing. It's not a unique story, but we have work followed by sports practices for the kids (4 days a week and sometimes multiple practices on the same day). Saturday, Anique cheers for football. Sunday, Bailey plays his soccer games. You know the craziness, you're all in the same boat. You have plans and goals for what you want to get done, and then the day ends and it's like, what the heck happened? Maybe tomorrow... and repeat.

During my relaxed summer and the time I took from work I enrolled in a painting class being given by Mati Rose. I needed some inspiration and motivation to get painting more frequently.

The class started on September 1st and I've found I don't get to painting during the week but have been getting in lots of good painting on the weekends. We have been working on creating backgrounds the past two weeks. Here are the 4 canvases I have worked on.





Anique worked on her own canvas on Saturday too. Pretty sure she outdid me with her colors and layers. She knows when to stop. I always think, just one more layer.

 
My office/studio is a disaster right now so I've been working on the kitchen table. So essentially, my kitchen table now looks like my office. There will be some major clean up tonight before bed.

Comments