Whipping Up Dessert

 
As with all holidays, this one called for family gatherings. I was asked to bring something for dessert for both of the celebrations we attended.
 
No, I can't claim to have come up with this idea. Pinterest, blogs, there are tons of variations. And the pusher, was this blog post. Yes, as Anique pointed out, "wouldn't have been cool if you had thought of it?" Yup, that would have been cool.
 
I picked up a case of jars at the grocery store when I went to pick up supplies because I only had a couple and they are cuter this way. For the Fourth of July, Anique and I layered strawberries, whip cream (no, I didn't whip my own either) and blueberries. Two layers of each. I topped it with a couple extra strawberries and a few blueberries together.
 
For the barbeque we attended on Sunday, I decided to try something different. Not in the mood to make a cheesecake, so I bought a pound cake instead. However, I did cook up some strawberry glaze to drizzle. Layer as before and drizzle a little strawberry glaze over each layer of the cake.
 
Yummy! Now I better go and get some running in to counteract all those BBQ calories.
 



Comments