The LOW Down


I know I'm not alone. I know others have challenges far greater than my own. I know I am strong and capable. I know I have a family who loves me and whom I love.

Yet, despite all I know, I struggle with anxiety and my spirits can swing quite low when it seems like lifes "challenges" are coming from several directions at once. When I am fighting through these feelings, I tell myself I'm letting it be bigger than it really is. The rational part of me is saying, "just suck it up and deal with it". The emotional part of me, is saying, "I'm tired of fighting the same battles."

When I hit these periods, I am exhausted. Every day, every minute feels like I am slogging. Normal daily activities take energy I don't want to expend. I feel like I'm constantly dropping balls, missing details, and letting down those who depend on me. Which stresses me out even more. Eventually, I come out the other side. The weight lifts, I can begin thinking clearly again, and normalcy--in all its chaos resumes. The challenges haven't gotten any easier but finally both sides of me are in agreement, "This sucks, yeah it's the same old crap but we have to deal with it."

I try to keep this blog a happy place to visit so I apologize for putting all that out there but wanted to explain what was up and why I had just fallen off the edge of the world.

With that said, I have so many projects to try. Photos to share. And so on. Life is crazy but I'm fortunate to have a husband who loves me even when I'm crazy.

Comments