Geode

 

 

 
Last weekend while Ken and I were out searching for a venus flytrap for Anique's birthday, he found a geode at the pet store.  Have you ever had a geode?

Basically, it is a rock that you break open and there are crystals inside of it. You just put it inside a little bag or sock. Each of the kids hit it once with the hammer and then we poured out the bag to see all the pretty crystals. Anique scooped them up and put them in a clear jar that she keeps on her windowsill.

She thought this was pretty cool and I found a party supply catalog that carries them. For a small price, you get 12 geodes. I think these would make a great party favor. What do you think?

This year we will be holding Anique's party at our house (ack! cleaning time!) and she has chosen a Judy Moody theme. I'll keep you updated on how everything comes together and let you know if the geodes were a hit (no pun intended).

P.S. Venus flytraps aren't available until summer. At least here in the cold State of Washington.

Comments

  1. Birthday at home, been there done that, NEVER again. Definitely worth it to pay someone else for the headache. How ever I'm not nearly as crafty and patient as you. Plus boys are nuts! Consider this our RSVP. Can't even figure out what to get her. But it's so fun shopping for her. Nick picks the weirdest things for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the RSVP! I haven't done a party at home since she was 4 I think but she couldn't decide what she wanted so we are winging it. Of course, this means I need to clean my house now and figure out how to do a Judy Moody party...see you there!

      Delete

Post a Comment