Tackling the To Do List


Last week I had made myself a big to-do list of some big and little projects that I would like to get accomplished. Many of these are things I have been putting off for a long time.

Saturday morning, I woke up and went straight downstairs to tackle the playroom/family room. This room has been a nightmare for over a year now. Small clean ups have been done by the kids (this usually means just creating a path and cramming as much stuff in the toyboxes as they can make fit.)

I started with the toy boxes emptying out everything and sorting them into donate, garbage, and keep piles. Once empty, I vacuumed them out and placed the toys back inside keeping things separated by type of toy. There was enough room left over I was able to use one of the sections for blanket storage finally.

Next I tackled the floor and general clutter putting toys away as I went and continued filling up bags with items for donation and trash. Lastly, I tackled the desk areas. Two desktop computers were donated and the now extra rolling desk is being donated too.

I took everything to Value Village on Sunday so now the room is clean and my car is empty. Such a relief.

Here are some before and after pictures. This room was unfinished when we bought the house. As you can see, it still needs trim, curtains and wall art but it's getting there now.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
 
BEFORE:
AFTER:
 
BEFORE:
 
AFTER:
 
Such an a good feeling to have this done. Now I can focus on decorating the room finally.  

Comments