Potato & Leek Soup

 
 
Bailey has been asking me to make Potato & Leek Soup ever since he tried it on vacation. I had been putting it off for the last week and picking up ingredients here and there.

Last night I reviewed the Tosca Reno's recipe in her The Eat Clean Diet Stripped on my Nook. Sadly, by this morning my Nook battery had died. So, I decided to wing it and just use what I had on hand and what I remembered.

Here's the adjusted recipe I used:

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 leeks thinly sliced
3 small zucchini thinly sliced
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
3 small russet potatoes thinly sliced
8 cups of broth


Thinly slice all of your vegetables. I used my food processor for a super thin cut.
In a large pot, add olive old and saute the leeks, garlic, and zuccini until soft. Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.

After simmering, use a blender to puree the soup. I did it in two batches. You can serve it warm or store to heat later. You can salt and pepper to taste as well.


The soup was a hit. Bailey thought it was fantastic. Even Anique tried a bite and then another when she realized how good it was. A success!

Comments