Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree -- Part Two

 
Here is our tree all finished. Yep, it's not fancy but there's a lot of love in the ornaments. Once upon a time, I dreamed of a themed tree. My colors were silver and blue. I had white lights and the ornaments were all coordinated. After watching the Martha Stewart episode on how to properly decorate a tree, it was a production. Strategic lights wrapped around the trunk of the tree, silver balls inside to give it extra sparkle, etc, etc, etc.
 
Post-children: Lots of handmade ornaments from a variety of materials. Multi-colored lights. Variety. Here are some of our favorites and pictures from decorating. These days, I do the lights and the kids put the ornaments on while I snap pictures.
Bailey is a penguin fan. He collects penguins in every form.
Ken is our household Disney fan.
My mom made this tassel angel a few years ago.
These are the glass ornaments I made last year.
Santa is one of our original silver and blues.
Here's Santa in his bi-plane. Sled was in the shop.
What tree is complete without Batman.



Comments