If you are a Pinterest fan then you have probably seen this fixture. I thought it was cool and decided to give it a try. Don't you think it will look good over my new bed?
I picked up the lantern light fixture at Target in their college collection. I then grabbed two packages (200 total) of coffee filters. I really wanted the natural ones but I guess Target doesn't carry them. I thought the tan would complement my room better.
I spent hours with a hot glue gun adhering them to the lantern. I quickly discovered 200 filters only covered approximately half of the light. So back to the store for another 300 I went. Looking back at the examples, I think was spacing them too closely but I was committed at that point. (P.S. Don't judge me for my messy counters)
Several hours later and having caught up on all my back episodes of Hart of Dixie and NCIS I finished applying the new filters.
So now, I've applied 500 coffee filters and I still have bald spots. I'm going to have to go pick up a few hundred more.
I have to admit, this half done project has been sitting on my desk now for weeks. It has been so time-consuming and I lack the attention span for repetive tasks. I truly love how it is coming out but would NEVER do another one.
So, stay tuned for the final results. I'll get it finished...eventually. Maybe just so I can get it off my desk!