The Lunch Challenge

 
First off, let me state I am not a food photographer. No matter how many times I whip something yummy up (which sadly isn't often) the picture does not seem to accurately represent what I've made.
 
Having gotten that off my chest, I'll move on to the point of this post. School lunches. I have two children who don't care for sandwiches. Bailey doesn't want a big lunch because his lunch time falls so early in the day and Anique just eats the fillings. She never eats the bread, on anything.
 
Of course, I found lots of inspiration on pinterest for sandwichless lunches. The biggest hit this year has been the Mac & Cheese muffins. Both kids love them! That never happens!
 
I made one batch and then went back to my Pinterest post again for a second and the link wasn't working. Here's the recipe I used when I was winging it and they still turned out yummy!
 
Mac & Cheese Muffins:
 
Ingredients:
8 oz. elbow macaroni
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
2 cups shredded cheese
Ritz crackers
 
Cook elbow macaroni as directed and drain. Stir in cheddar cheese soup (do not dilute). Add 1/2 cup milk (I think the original recipe said you could use half and half as an alternative.) Stir in egg. Mix 3/4 of your shredded cheese into the mix, reserving some for later.
 
Okay, now to muffinize...I used liners because I don't like cleanup, but you can just grease your tin too. Place one cracker on the bottom of each cup. Top with your noodle mix. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese melts, in 350 degree oven.
 
Easy cheesy. The muffins below are an egg and bacon biscuit recipe but only Bailey likes those. I also tried the corndog muffin recipe but so far no one has liked those. Even the husband. I personally think the corndog muffins look like mini boobies, but that's just me. :-)  Look them up and let me know what you think. ha ha!
 
 



Comments