Joy for the Eyes

A and I were on our own this morning since K had to work and B had spent the night at a friend's house last night. We decided to delay chores and have a little fun. We stopped in at Frost Doughnuts and each chose a yummy breakfast treat. A went for the vanilla cake doughnut and I had the renowned bacon maple bar. Belatedly, I realized I should have taken pictures...but oooh they were good!

After our tasty treats we headed to downtown Snohomish where A modeled for me. I've been looking for some new picture backdrops and wanted to see how the riverfront would be as a setting. I'll try to get those pictures up soon.

While we were down there I took the opportunity to stop in at Joyworks and see what was new. I absolutely love, love this store. Their displays are gorgeous and I love how they have little areas organized by color themes. I'm a sucker for color!

My favorites are all the signs. And the pillows, And the general tschokes (not sure I spelled that right). A and I explored upstairs and downstairs. I'm thinking I need to hurry up and finish my bedroom so I can add some art. I know just where to shop!



I loved this display of red. It looks so bright and cheery. It would totally match the blender and food processor in my kitchen but sadly nothing else...

A found a few treasures she would have loved to take home herself. Her first pick was this dress with the big, fluffy tutu. Super girly! And also a mermaid because everyone needs one of those to keep you company as summer draws near. Ultimately, a wind-up frog won out!
There was so much eye-candy to be seen and it gave me so many ideas for ways to decorate. What a great way to spend the morning with my little chatter box!

Comments