Life Lately


Life has been both quiet and busy around here. It's busy as in the day-to-day activities of work, school (working on another Associate degree), driving Anique to and from rehearsals, errands, and all the rest take up time. But we are blessed in that everyone is healthy, employed, and getting along.

I've been hooked (see what I did there?) on crochet projects lately. It all started with blankets and then moved on to scarves, hats (so many hats!), ponchos, and wraps. I have a list going with upcoming projects and can look forward to a sweatshirt, bunny, tee shirt, and a sweater. My goal is to use the yarn in my stash for these items before purchasing any more supplies. The "yarn basket" next to my bed is full. That's a definite sign to finish some projects before re-stocking.

With the help of YouTube, I taught myself how to do the basic knit and pearl stitches. I've started several projects and pulled them all out. My stitches when knitting are very messy and the tension is all over the place. I'm planning on watching a few more videos to learn the Continental method, which I've been told is more similar to crochet. 

Currently I'm working on this Adironack Wrap using Caron Cakes in Strawberry Trifle. Can't wait to see it when it's all sew together.



Comments