One Little Word



I've been thinking for the last few days about what my One Little Word for 2017 will be. I realize some people spend more than a few days contemplating this but I feel like eventually I just start circling around and around the same words. If you're not familiar with the One Little Word idea you can read more about it here.

I considered CONNECT, LIGHT and WHOLE seriously but they didn't quite encompass what I want, and more importantly, need to achieve this year. 

After thinking it through I decided my word of the year is going to be HEAL. This past year I have felt broken. Now, I'm not suffering with any great illnesses and I haven't experienced any great tragedies this past year. I'm not trying to be over-dramatic. There is just a sense of despondency and detatchment. There is a lot that I stopped doing in 2016. I just didn't have the "oomph" to even try. Peyton (above) pretty much sums up how I've felt.

My health, family, emotions, home, this blog, my business, and countless other things were neglected. I survived day to day. I stopped trying to move forward. I  just couldn't muster up the energy (physical or mental) to do more than the bare necessities. 

This year I'm determined to start moving again. I know it might be slow in the beginning but I want to heal the areas I've let go. Make them strong again. Make me strong again. Lose the sadness and let go of the anger I have inside. 

I want to HEAL my body, HEAL my heart, HEAL my relationships, HEAL my faith....and find my "oomph" again.

Have you chosen your One Little Word? If you have, please share it with me below. I would love to know what others are working towards this year. 

Happy New Year!

Comments