Just dropping in to say Hello!

It's been a very long time since I've dropped in to write anything. There have been a lot of life changes this year. Some are bigger than others but all have contributed to me putting my blog on the back burner. I'm sorry about that!

After 10 1/2 years working for the same company I left and moved on to something else. A little over a year later, I went back. It was a new company name and business office, but the same people, same location, same function, etc. In a way, I just went back to the comfortable rut. Now about 1 1/2 years later that new (old) company is closing it's doors. I'm once again transitioning.

All of us affected are thinking about what we've been doing for the past decade plus and what we want to do going forward. Are we happy with our career choices? Do they provide us with satisfaction? Or have we just been plodding along that same rut because it's what we've always done?

Yes, there are sooooo many clichés that apply. When one door closes....It's not an end, it's an opportunity... etc. I figure there must be a grain of truth in there or there wouldn't be so many of them, right?

"It is often hard to distinguish between the hard knocks in life and those of opportunity" ~Frederick Phillips

So I'm looking to make the most of this opportunity. Putting my time and energy into something more creative. Something that will bring my soul satisfaction as well as my wallet (hey, we've all got bills to pay). Now, I'm not sure exactly what that will look like yet but I'm looking. It's kind of like when you buy a house, you have your non-negotiables (min # of rooms, fenced yard, etc) and then those things that you would like to have (double ovens, jet tub, balcony with ocean view). I'm putting soul satisfaction on my non-negotiable list. What's on your non-negotiable list?

I'll work on posting some photography (whimsy) and life updates soon. Quick version: Anique's drama performance this year was awesome, she tried lacrosse for the first time, Bailey graduated from high school and moves on to UNLV in the fall. Anique is trying mermaid hair for the summer. I'm working on a new venture and hope to have more news about that in just a couple of weeks. I've been working on it behind the scenes for a few months now but this job change is the push I've needed to launch the first stage. Ken had two surgeries in about 6 months (Achilles rupture and meniscus tear) but is recuperating well. Knee is currently in rehab stage. He plays and works hard.

That's it for now!




Comments