Anique & Maddy - Age 11


Once upon a time, many, many years ago, I decided to coach soccer for Anique. No, I have no idea what I was possibly thinking. The second year of coaching I had the most amazing team ever. The girls were sweet, the parents were awesome. Honestly, it was fantastic. 

Anique and Maddy met that year and it turned out four of the six girls went to the same school. Those four can still be found at each others birthday parties each year. As a person who attended three different elementary schools, it is a blessing to have watched these girls stick together from Kindergarten through 5th grade.

Maddy and Anique are inseparable. They talk everyday before, during I'm sure, and after school. They are growing up together. Arguments happen from time to time but they are fast friends. I look back on photos of them from when they first met and am stunned they are so grown up now. 

They still play and pretend, but boys and fashion are starting to creep into the conversations more often. Oh wow, I'm really not sure I'm ready for this!

If you follow my Facebook page you've seen these, but if not, here's a view of these two now in all their practically grown up...okay I'm exaggerating a bit...glory.












Comments