Spreading Light


I textured this using Kim Klassen's Confusion which seemed appropriate.

I stayed up super late on Sunday night, knowing I could sleep in on Monday. This is a treat since up until recently only the really big holidays were observed.

So, at 7:30 am when I heard the front door open (I was still in bed) I was a bit confused on who was coming in. Did Ken come home early so he could hang out with us too? Did Bailey come home early from his friend's house where he had his sleepover?

Umm, no. It was my mom who had forgotten that there was no school on President's Day. Did she forget or did I forget to tell her? Not really sure. Needless to say, she was there. Anique and I were both still in bed. Having had her morning coffee, she was light years ahead of either of us in the perkiness department. I'm pretty sure I carried my side of the conversation with slurred monosyllabic answers for the first 10 minutes or so.

After a bit we decided to hold an impromptu photo session downstairs. I had been wanting to practice bokeh and I had a willing victim. Obviously, I need some more work on my bokeh, but we had fun. My mom and Anique got silly with props and funny faces. And by 9:30 am my mom headed out and off to her next errand. Spreading light and joy as she went...






Comments