Chalkboard Signs


 

I mentioned I had bought some chalkboard paint awhile ago. I had thought I would use it first on pumpkins but it just wasn't calling me. (My internal "phone" was off the hook for a few days. No motivation.)

I had my first photo shoot that came from my Groupon special last Saturday. Like most of us, I "pin" photo inspiration all the time. I looked everywhere but couldn't find the photo I wanted to replicate. I think it was saved on my previous phone. 

The family was holding chalkboard signs with their names, ages, or grades, etc. I decided to just go with simple names. 

The Groupon is huge discount so I wanted an inexpensive way to make chalkboards so I wouldn't lose money. I went to the dollar store and picked up three coloring boards. I used my handy dandy chalkboard paint to cover the front and sides. I let it cure a couple of days and then conditioned it with chalk (that's fancy talk for rubbed chalk all over them and then wiped it off). I think they came out pretty cute.

 
 

Now I need to work on some fancy chalkboard writing for next time. It was fun working with this family and capturing these two active boys in motion. 

Comments