Confessions

I have some confessions to make. You know how every blog you read says how Fall is their favorite season...how inspired they are by the colors, smells, etc, etc...

Well, I have to confess, I'm not one of them. Fall is wet, Fall is busy, Fall is cold. It sucks the energy out of me. I live in Washington so I really need to get over it since it won't be dry again until May (maybe).

With all that said, I've been neglecting this blog the past few weeks. I'm working on adjusting to the new weather, the newish job and finishing up my Evergreen State Fair obligations.


I am truly ready to be done with the fair pictures. I was there for 10-12 hours a day for 7 days and took over 10,000 pictures. Needless to say, editing and sorting them has been an endeavor. I am grateful for everything I learned and the opportunity but I'm ready to be done. In a month or two I will reflect back. Meanwhile, the cow and I have the same attitude.


Here's another confession. I don't like working with/for other people. After having returned to a "real" job a few weeks ago I'm certain I need to work harder at building my own business. Everyone is very nice, but it doesn't bring me joy.

I missed a week of Daring Adventures in Painting while I tried desperately to finish up fair photos. I made up for it tonight and worked on both my collage background pieces and metal leafing. It's unbelievable, but I had never tried metal leaf before. It is pretty stinkin' awesome. Pardon the glare off the metal, it was night so I had the overhead lights on.

 
 
 


Tonight Anique and I made Pumpkin Spice Latte syrup for Ken. It smelled good and he seemed to like it. I found the recipe here.


I'm sure I had more confessions, but I didn't write myself a note and now I've forgotten them...I should just call it a night. Cue the fireworks.

 

Comments