Experiments with Light and Skater Boi

I always enjoy experimenting with new photo techniques. I've seen a few commercials using light painting and my father-in-law has sent some links my way. Anique and I were talking about it and after watching some YouTube videos (have you seen this one? AMAZING!) we decided to try it ourselves.
 
These are definitely amateur attempts and it was the middle of the day so we were working in my closet. I would love to try it at night too.
 
I drew Anique and then I used this iphone app to do the flower. My camera picture had much better resolution and the drawing was much smoother. I'm a fabulous artist right?
 
 
Bailey has been working on improving the height of his Ollie.
 
From Wikipedia: The ollie is a skateboarding trick where the rider and board leap into the air without the use of the rider's hands. Particularly on flat ground, it is not intuitively obvious how the liftoff is achieved, making the trick visually striking.
 
Yes, I looked that up because I know nothing about skateboarding and couldn't explain it nearly as well. In my words... it's a jumpy move.
 
We decided to take some pictures of him in action. He has been surprisingly willing to be in front of the camera lately...weird
 
 
 
 
I hope to have an exciting announcement in the next week or so. Can't wait to share!

Comments