Quality Question


It's that time again. Time again to answer the Burning Question by Danielle Laporte. (read the previous with a game show host voice)

Her latest question for introspection is in relation to quality. She encourages us to address quality in our choices, people and stuff.

What in your life do you want to be of the highest quality?

Here's my list and several of these I need to work on:

relationship with my husband:
He often gets the tired left overs at the end of the day, the tears, the frustrations, too much negativity. I need to work on focusing on us, find our common ground and leaving the rest of it at the door.

relationship with my children:
I need to work on listening, not tuning out to the next chore, the next item on the to-do list. I want to develop more trust and be a safe-place for them to come.

relationship with God:
Somewhere along the way I pushed this down on the daily priority list. Time for prayer and study got set aside and never picked back up. I think about it, pray when something is on my mind, but I am not worshiping Him in a meaningful way.

relationship with friends and other family members:
I've let friendships fall off, fallen out of touch because I didn't make the effort to stay connected. I need to reach out, make the effort, take the time that always seems so limited. It's important.

choices made regarding my future-career, schooling, direction:
I know I don't want to keep doing what I'm doing. I'm not happy and I don't like what I'm becoming. I need to make positive decisions, figure out what makes me happy. I'm having trouble balancing this with the responsibility to bring income to the family.

work ethic:
It's important to me to work hard. Give whatever I'm involved in my best effort. I'm feeling spread too thin and not giving anything the attention it needs. Need to determine what needs quality time and what needs to be let go.

attitude:
If you're going to do it, do it happily. Somedays this is harder than others.

serving others:
I volunteer for school projects, on the soccer board, but again I'm feeling busy and not giving it the quality job it deserves. I would like to give more but am feeling drained.

emotions:
I need to work on positive emotions. Anxiety, anger and frustration are draining.

surrounding people:
Well, I've let alot of my relationships fall off with friends. And who do you call at 2 am in a crisis, there's always Mom, she's always there for me. I need to find a network of people who will love me no matter what.

camera/electronics:
I try to find the best bargain with a lot of stuff but I do like having my DSLR camera and lenses. And my computer and software. I really feel you often get what you pay for in these areas.

So many areas for growth and opportunity. What areas do you want quality in? Are you giving quality? Receiving quality?

Comments